Dunning Rievman’s lawyers routinely advise and counsel both companies and high-level executives about employment law and agreements. The firm’s partners have also litigated employment cases around the country, both in federal and state courts and in administrative proceedings, including the New York State Division of Human Rights and the National Labor Relations Board.
Advice and Counseling
We have negotiated employment and separation agreements for high-level executives and businesses, bringing to bear our decades of experience in the field to call our clients’ attention to potential pitfalls as well as opportunities. In addition, many of our clients consult with us to ensure they are in compliance with the laws against discrimination, wage and hour laws, and contractual provisions. We have also advised many companies about reductions-in-force.
Litigation and Arbitration
Dunning Rievman’s attorneys have litigated, arbitrated and mediated many dozens of employment disputes involving age, sex (including sexual harassment) and sexual orientation, (race, religion, national origin) and disability-related claims. More recently, we have defended both single-plaintiff and class action claims arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act and analogous state laws. We routinely advise clients about the enforceability of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements and have litigated many cases arising out of one or more of these agreements.
- Represented whistleblowing executive in FINRA arbitration against former employer.
- Represented former Chief Revenue Officer of online ratings company in internal investigations.
- Represented group of small businesses in former employee’s FLSA and wrongful termination action.
- Represented investment banker against former employer for breach of contract arising out of bank’s refusal to pay out amounts due under deferred compensation plan.
- Represented board member of software company with respect to new board package in connection with acquisition.
- Obtained vacatur of $4.3 million jury award in favor of former employee for wrongful termination and personal injury due to alleged exposure to second-hand smoke for French owners of New York modeling agency.
- Represented French owners of New York modeling agency defending class action by models claiming agency fees violated New York law.
- Represented French owner of New York modeling agency defending claims of individual model.
- Represented former executive of construction company in contract action against former employer, to enforce agreement to share withheld profits.
- Represented former chief sales officer of mutual fund distributor in contract action to obtain deferred compensation.
- Represented Chief Legal Officer of $34 billion technology company in internal investigation.
- Represented Chief Revenue Officer of online ratings company in internal investigations.
- Represented numerous executives in separation and onboarding negotiations with employers.